Saturday 7th September 2019
Workshop Program Details**This is the preliminary program. The final program will be available closer to September.
- 08:30 Registrations open for workshop. Coffee & tea available
- 09:30 Formal workshop presentations
- 12:30 Lunch provided by Tulendeena Farmgate Produce
- 14:00 Tour of Tin Dragon micro-hydro and solar installations
- 18:30 Arrive for long-table dinner
Topics to be Covered by Our Experts
The integrated renewable energy system at Tin Dragon Cottages was designed and built by Graham Cashion, Paul Coull and Martin Dingemanse. They will showcase Tin Dragon Cottages’ sustainable energy initiative. Of course, they will be delighted to get you started with your own renewable energy project, too!
Martin Dingemanse from Mode Electrical
Efficient Solutions for Integrating Solar PV into Domestic & Small Business Power Systems
- Site considerations for the installation of PV-solar panels
- How to choose the best battery storage for your system
- What are the cost/benefits for installing your own renewable power supply?
- What Australian and local regulations need to be considered when installing solar PV
A case Study: Tin Dragon Cottages
What is the Future for Solar PV?
Paul Coull from Island Renewables
Designing Mini- and Micro-hydro Power in Tasmania
- How to determine if a microhydro power system would work for you:
- How to measure water flow
- Check regulatory requirements & accreditation
- How to determine the optimum size generator
- What types of generators are available in Australia?
- How is the generator connected to the power supply?
- What are the different requirements for grid-connected and stand-alone systems?
A Case Study: Tin Dragon Cottages
What is the Future for Hydro Power?
Graham Cashion from Tin Dragon Cottages
The Tin Dragon Micro-hydro Project
- Overcoming some teething problems (aka lessons learned!)
- Effective troubleshooting strategies
- Pros and cons – was it worth it? Would I do it again?
- Improving off-grid sustainability using battery storage