We understand the extraordinary circumstances of the World Pandemic. Please be reassured that we will refund 100% of any reservations that need to be cancelled due to Government-imposed restrictions. For cancellations due to other causes, our standard policy applies.
Our Standard Cancellation Policy
Our standard cancellation policy: If you cancel within ten days of your reservation, money paid is not refundable. This is a strict condition. Outside ten days an administration fee of 30% will be imposed.
Receive credit: discretionary
With regard to cancellations made within ten days of reservation – we may use our discretion to allow a guest to move their booking to another date, without penalty. However, the conditions pertaining to the original reservation remain should you cancel the amended reservation.
A minimum booking is two nights during the year and three nights over the Christmas holiday. Some of our package deals, such as the Romantic Getaway, may have a minimum stay of three nights.
Single night reservations
At our discretion we may free up a single calendar for a specific cottage, upon your request. However there will be a surcharge of $30 for a single-night booking.
EFT Payment: Confirmation
For guests paying by electronic funds transfer (EFT), reservation will only be confirmed upon receipt of funds by Tin Dragon Cottages. If a valid bank receipt is not received by email within four hours of a reservation, the reservation may be cancelled. After three days, if funds are not received, the reservation will be cancelled.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require you to comply with certain conditions. We appreciate most guests will respect our property. However some guests have abused our hospitality. So we state the following conditions.
- All guests must sign our registration form and COVID declaration
- Guests must declare that they do not have COVID-like symptoms
- Guests must declare that they have not been requested to quarantine or self-isolate
- All cottages are non-smoking
- Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests (three-years or older). Furthermore refusal to pay for extra guests will result in immediate termination of rental.
- Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in additional charges or termination of rental.
- Damage, breakages, theft and loss are the guest’s responsibility during their stay. Guests might be required to pay for damage they have caused to Tin Dragon Cottage’s property.
- Departure – the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Please note that we retain the right to charge guest’s an additional $50 minimum cleaning fee should the cottage be left in an “unreasonable” condition.
- Check-out time is 10:00 by the latest. This allows our cleaner sufficient time to prepare the cottage for the next guests.
- Disturbance to neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental.
- Pets are not allowed unless specific arrangements have been made in writing with Tin Dragon Cottages owner.
- Loss – the Tin Dragon Cottages owner takes no responsibility for the guest’s personal property.
Tin Dragon Cottages does sell vouchers. However, the purchasers of the voucher are responsible should the owners need to impose an additional charge for cleaning or damages (see above).
Check-in & Check-out
Unless otherwise arranged guests must check-in after 2pm and no later than 4pm. Failure to notify the hosts of late arrival can be deemed to be cancellation by the guest. Check out is 10am at the latest. Late check-out can be requested and is at the discretion of your hosts.
Guests may be contacted to provide feedback and may be notified of news and special deals. Guests can opt-out of marketing emails.